X-Men: First Class Edition
Packed with style and dripping with sex appeal, director Matthew Vaughn goes back to the beginning, plays by the rules and still manages to make his own X-movie. Here's what I gleaned from the 1960s power fest!
1. [PROFESSOR X] Charles Xavier used to be such a tool! But admittedly, the kind I would totally hang out with.
2. [MAGNETO] Michael Fassbender is the sexiest man in the goddamn universe. Clothing seemed to grip his body as if even it was aware of this fact.
3. [MYSTIQUE] Love who you are - go naked!
4. [BANSHEE] I'm still able to beam like a giddy child, thanks to seeing my second favorite X-Ginger in action.
5. [HAVOK] Lucas Till as Alex Summers is the perfect candidate for a reboot of the Marvel Swimsuit Issue.
6. [BEAST] Don't try to change your Hobbit feet. When it comes to genetic testing, things can always get worse.
7. [SEBASTIAN SHAW] Linguistically, Kevin Bacon's Nazi German in First Class is way better than his Hairdresser Austrian in Beauty Shop.
8. [EMMA FROST] January Jones can suck power and vitality from the even the bad-assiest of bad-ass bitches.
9. [AZAZEL] In this interpretation, BAMF! is just Russian for PLOT DEVICE!
10. This is easily the hottest X-Men movie to date. Not to mention the most stylin'.
A worthy successor to Bryan Singer's X2, I'm ready to watch this gang of mutants take on a couple more films. They have to find Jean Grey eventually, right?